In the UK, it is very easy to buy a car because vehicular-related costs are relatively low. Still, Just because you can buy a car in the UK does not mean you can drive one. First you have to buy the car, fill out the V5C registration form and send it to DVLA. Second, you have to pay road tax on the car, the amount of which depends on CO emissions, engine size and the date of registration of the car. Third, any vehicle must have proof of valid inspection (MOT). Fourth, every car in England must be insured. Unfortunately, the cost of insurance can be much higher than the cost of the car.
I offer you some ways to get cheap car insurance.
1. Compare the insurance market. There are many online portals that can take your data and query hundreds of insurance companies within minutes, giving you a list of the cheapest car insurance companies. Still, you must be vigilant: make sure that when getting a quote you get all the services you are interested in and the amount of insurance you need. Typically, your insurance policy consists of two parts: a voluntary contribution and compulsory. The higher your voluntary contribution, the lower your premium will be. In case of an accident, you’ll first have to pay this amount and only then you will have access to the benefits of your insurance.
2. Add a second driver. It’s better to add a spouse or partner-or in extreme cases, parents-who have driving experience in England. If you add a relative to your insurance policy with limited driving experience in the UK, your insurance may increase as insurers may perceive this person to be a liability.
3. Protect your No Claim Bonus. For each full year you go without making a claim, you accrue a No Claim Bonus. Unfortunately, this feature is available only after 4 years of flawless driving. Accidents caused by another driver usually does not affect your insurance.
4. Install an alarm or immobilizer. If your car has an alarm or immobilizer installed, you can get a discount on insurance in the amount of 5%. It is important that the installation of the system is made by certified professionals, otherwise insurers are not likely to take it into account.
5. Do not add a young, inexperienced driver to your insurance. New drivers are potentially dangerous on the road due to lack of driving experience.
6. Do not upgrade the car. Any improvement and modernization of the body and moving parts can significantly increase your insurance premiums. Sports cars with large engine capacities are particularly expensive to insure.
7. Car parking: it’s best to leave your car in the garage or in a private parking lot where the risk of theft is not great. This can significantly reduce your insurance.
8. Drive more carefully. No one is immune to accidents, so it is a good practice to observe speed limits and give way.
9. Pass Plus courses. You can take special courses for advanced drivers. These courses can reduce your insurance by up to 35%.
10. You need to compare car insurance
The most important criterion for getting cheap insurance is the No Claim Bonus. The more points in this program you accumulate, the cheaper your insurance will be. If you come from abroad, your No Claim Bonus may be transferred to England. To do this, ask your insurer to send a confirmation letter about your No Claim status.
by Jasi Lyne
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/8287459